Today, CF delivered Life Savers to state legislators to remind them they still have three days to be a life-saver for kids in failing and violent schools. One legislator posted on his Facebook wall, “They had better be rolling in with at least some Big League Chew to get this legislator’s attention.”
Here are some other things that apparently don’t get his attention:
- Schools in which half, or more, of all students can’t read or do math at grade level;
- Failing schools with 5,430 acts of violence, including 1,983 assaults on students, 593 robberies, and seven rapes in just one school year;
- That the Philadelphia school district ranks among the nation’s worst, even among large urban districts;
- Hundreds of millions spent annually by Pennsylvania universities for remedial education;
- More than $35,000 per year spent per inmate in Pa. prisons;
- Long waiting lists for school choice programs;
- Parents begging for more choices for their children;
- Millions of tax dollars spent on lobbying by education special interests, while millions more were spent by union PACs.
Then again, maybe that last item does have his attention.