An estimated 2,000 protesters showed up for the tea party in Harrisburg. Not only was the crowd impressive, but the number of food items collected for Bethesda Mission far exceeded our expectations – requiring two van loads. (I am worried a few of the items were ruined by the rain, but I’m ecstatic none the less).
By the way – President Obama is “Unaware of the Tea Parties”. Here are some photos, videos, and news he should be aware of (I’ll update with more later):
Photos of the Harrisburg Tea Party
- From WGAL (who covered it live)
- Harrisburg Tax Day Tea Party on Facebook
- Commonwealth Foundation photos
- From Roger That Photography
- Photos from RJ’s page on WHP
- Moonbattery has some good pics
- John Micek took some video of the event to prove there was “mainstream media coverage” (and that he’s not a bad filmmaker).
- Harrisburg Tea Party video on YouTube
- Video from the Patriot News.
- Another YouTube video from the Harrisburg Tea Party
News and Blog Coverage:
- Harrisburg Patriot News story
- Alex Roarty has a write-up for Politics PA
- WGAL has their story up on the Harrisburg and Lancaster Tea Parties, with video.
- ABC 27 has a write-up (with video)
- The AP has a national story, but I recognize the Pink Pig from the Harrisburg Tea Party in the photos.
- WFMZ with news and videos of the Tea Parties in Harrisburg and elsewhere.
- Story from the York Dispatch.
- CNBC has a national story, with photos from Harrisburg courtesy Pennsylvania Revolution.
- Pajamas TV Page for the Harrisburg Tea Party.
- St. Blogustine has a blog post on the Harrisburg Tea Party, with plenty of pictures.
- Matt Best gives his reflections from the Harrisburg Tea Party.
- TaxDayTeaParty has reader reports and photos from all over the country, including from Harrisburg.
- Audrie Zetick has a blog post and video from Harrisburg.
People also delivered tea to the Governor’s office in the state capitol, into collection bins. Unlike Obama, Gov. Rendell was very much aware of the tea party, as his staff cam prepared with hand outs – a 3-year old news release from the Commonwealth Foundation titled “Governor Rendell, Fiscal Conservative,” in which we praise the Governor for a single veto of costly legislation. (The news release was old enough it wasn’t even on our website, until I posted it, but the Governor’s office must have been so pleased with it, they saved a hard copy just for today.)
For updates from other cities across Pennsylvania, as well as upcoming Tea Parties in the state, check out PATeaparties.com