Commonwealth Foundation Launches Please, No More Taxes! Campaign
HARRISBURG, PA — The Commonwealth Foundation today announced the launch of the Please, No More Taxes! campaign, a public education effort aimed at the elimination of wasteful state spending and making Pennsylvania’s state and local tax burden — the 11th heaviest in the nation — tolerable.
The campaign features PleaseNoMoreTaxes.org — a cutting-edge Web site where taxpayers can:
- Learn the facts about Pennsylvania’s fiscal mismanagement.
- Email their legislators.
- Send a video message to the Governor.
- Sign an e-petition to Gov. Rendell and the Legislature to eliminate waste and cut taxes.
- Receive a bumper sticker bearing the rallying cry Please, No More Taxes!
- Enter a video contest that offers a fun and rewarding way to raise awareness of Pennsylvania’s punishing tax burden. The first-prize video will earn $2,500, while second and third-prize winners will receive $1,000 and $500, respectively. The deadline to enter is April 5th, and winners will be announced on Tax Day, April 15th. Full contest details are available at PleaseNoMoreTaxes.org.
# # #
PleaseNoMoreTaxes.org is a project of the Commonwealth Foundation, (www.CommonwealthFoundation.org), an independent, non-profit public policy research and educational institute based in Harrisburg, PA.