Here are some of the best articles of the day:
- Lawrence Kudlow is stunned by a poll showing voters think Obama is the real taxpayer. He also exposes an absurd notion that tax cuts caused the current recession (after 5 years of growth) and that Bush didn’t cut taxes on the middle class.
- Lee Ohanian writes, Don’t Raise the Capital Gains Tax and discusses the problem with “soaking the rich”
- Andrew Wilson has 5 Myths about the Great Depression – namely that Hoover was a hands-off president (rather than a tax raising, trade restricting interventionist) and that government spending ended the Depression (when in fact it extended it).
- Victor Reinhart points out the gamble with the Federal Reserves new policy model.
- Fred Barnes thinks that the election will result in a major move leftward on public policy