Only 40 states have a better business climate than Pennsylvania
Forbes has issued its latest report on “The Best States for Business“. Pennsylvania ranks 41st. (Click here for the table). Amazingly, despite Governor Rendell’s “investments” in our economy, that represents a drop of two spots since last year.
Here are more recent rankings of Pennsylvania’s economic and business climate:
- Tax Foundation State and Local Tax Burden – 11th (50 is best)
- Small Business and Entrepreneurship Council Business Tax Index 2008 – 28 (1 is best)
- Pacific Research Institute State Tort Liability Rankings – 45th (1 is best).
- Beacon Hill Institute State Competitiveness Report 2007 – 34th (1 is best)
- ALEC-Laffer State Economic Competitiveness Index – 44th on Economic Performance; 37th for Economic Outlook (1 is best)
- Alliance for Worker Freedom Index of Worker Freedom – F (Tied for worst)
- Small Business and Entrepreneurship Council Policy Environment for Entrepreneurship. – 24th (1 is best)
- Tax Foundation State Business Tax Climate Index – 27th (1 is best).
- CEO Magazine Best States to do Business – 37th (1 is best)