Forbes has issued its latest report on “The Best States for Business“. Pennsylvania ranks 41st. (Click here for the table). Amazingly, despite Governor Rendell’s “investments” in our economy, that represents a drop of two spots since last year.
Here are more recent rankings of Pennsylvania’s economic and business climate:
- Tax Foundation State and Local Tax Burden – 11th (50 is best)
- Small Business and Entrepreneurship Council Business Tax Index 2008 – 28 (1 is best)
- Pacific Research Institute State Tort Liability Rankings – 45th (1 is best).
- Beacon Hill Institute State Competitiveness Report 2007 – 34th (1 is best)
- ALEC-Laffer State Economic Competitiveness Index – 44th on Economic Performance; 37th for Economic Outlook (1 is best)
- Alliance for Worker Freedom Index of Worker Freedom – F (Tied for worst)
- Small Business and Entrepreneurship Council Policy Environment for Entrepreneurship. – 24th (1 is best)
- Tax Foundation State Business Tax Climate Index – 27th (1 is best).
- CEO Magazine Best States to do Business – 37th (1 is best)