The Beacon Hill Institute has released their State Competitiveness Report 2007. Pennsylvania ranks 34th out of 50, based on Government and Fiscal Policy, Security, Infrastructure, Human Resources, Technology, Business Incubation, Openness, and Environtmental Policy.
Here are some other recent rankings:
- ALEC-Laffer State Economic Competitiveness Index – 44th on Economic Peformance; 37th for Economic Outlook (1 is best)
- Alliance for Worker Freedom Index of Worker Freedom – F (Tied for worst)
- Small Business and Entrepreneurship Council Policy Environment for Entrepreneurship. – 24th (1 is best)
- Tax Foundation State Business Tax Climate Index – 27th (1 is best).
- Tax Foundation State and Local Tax Burden – 24th (50 is best)
- CEO Magazine Best States to do Business – 37th (1 is best)
- Forbes Magazine Best States For Business – 39th (1 is best)