The state of Missouri has become to the first to enact a number of free-market reforms in health care – many of which are needed in Pennsylvania. This legislation:
- Allows employers to contribute tax-free to employees’ individually purchases insurance plans through “list billing”.
- Allows small businesses to provided defined contributions to employees’ health insurance plans, rather than selecting and funding a small group plan.
- Makes insurance more portable when changing jobs.
- Allows multiple employers to contribute to a single family’s plan.
- Adds an HSA to the state’s high risk pool.
- Adds an HSA plan option for state employees.