The Commonwealth Foundation (CF) is among the most effective and influential state-based think tanks in the country. With a top-notch team of policy analysts and communication experts, the Commonwealth Foundation transforms free-market ideas into public policies so all Pennsylvanians can flourish. Our research and advocacy have led to lower taxes on working Pennsylvanians, greater transparency in state government spending and contracts, criminal justice reform that reduced both prison population and crime and increased educational options for thousands of students.
Commonwealth Foundation’s Organizational Goals
1.) Achieve financial goals
2.) Achieve policy victories
3.) Lead with our values (Integrity, People Matter, Stewardship, Constructive Conflict)
This new role will oversee expanded capabilities for donor acquisition and oversee stewardship of donors who are not personally stewarded by a colleague. This person will maximize the donor stewardship experience as the organization expands its donor base to new audiences and rapidly increases the number of donors. Alongside a growing team, this position will design, implement and drive a data-based strategy for the development department. This will be done primarily through direct mail and email, plus testing new methods to increase renewal and upgrade rates among this segment of donors.
The position will report to the Vice President of Development and can be based in our Harrisburg, King of Prussia, or virtual office.
To Apply: Qualified candidates can apply for this role here.
- Oversee the house file mail program for Commonwealth Foundation including solicitation, newsletter, and informational mailings
- Oversee an expansion of prospecting mail along with stewardship, research, and follow up with new donors
- Supervise two staff members and two contractors whose responsibilities directly involve donor stewardship
- Manage the Don Kirkland Society for donors who include Commonwealth Foundation in their legacy giving plan
- Conduct experiments on how to best communicate with segments of the donor audience
- Serve as liaison with communications team as they steward current donors via email and experiment with solicitation of new audiences
- Create and scale automated communication streams from Salesforce Pardot for new and prospective donors
- Expand donor recognition processes by testing giving clubs and other new ideas
- Other responsibilities as assigned
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of donor or customer stewardship oversight and project management skills, preferably using Salesforce or compatible database. This person should also have an entrepreneurial outlook and thrive in a rapid growth professional environment in which experimentation and innovation is encouraged. Experience with nonprofit fundraising is not required, but preferred. A college degree is neither required nor preferred. We are looking for an individual with:
- Exceptional commitment to detail and accuracy
- Alignment with the organization’s mission and objectives
- An entrepreneurial, self-driven spirit who can work collaboratively
- Virtual office is acceptable, but Eastern Standard work hours are expected
- Hybrid work environment
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance with 80 percent employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Reimbursements for needed mobile technology and home office supplies
- Company contribution of 4 percent for 401K retirement plan