SUMMARY: Do you have human resources experience with a passion to serve people and organize workspaces? Are you searching for a role where you can make a difference for residents of Pennsylvania? Commonwealth Foundation is searching for an Office manager to coordinate office operations and activities. This position is not eligible for hybrid or remote work. It is a full-time position that reports to the office Monday thru Friday during regular business hours and may occasionally require hours outside the regular business hours.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and organizes office operations and procedures.
- Maintains office equipment and supplies; monitors purchase and lease contracts.
- Establishes, modifies, implements, and monitors systems and procedures to enhance timely and efficient workflow.
- Screens and routes telephone calls and mail.
- Assists with general clerical/administrative duties including but not limited to answering phones, filing, preparing correspondence and memoranda, faxing, copying, and mailing.
- Screens and routes telephone calls and mail.
- Manages office security system.
- Assist with administration of company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with stated corporate objectives and federal and state legal requirements.
- Assist with screening incoming resumes prior to forwarding to recruiters; prepares resumes and candidate information packets for recruiters.
- Conducts phone screens, schedules interviews, applicant testing.
- Manage and coordinate new employee experience and orientation, through surveys and assessments.
- Upholds organizational policies and procedures and government regulations including required labor law information.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Alignment with the organization’s mission and objectives.
- One to two years related experience with basic knowledge of HR laws and regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Proficient in Office 365, Dropbox, Zoom, Adobe, conference room technology.
- Teamwork–Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management–Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics–Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Attendance/Punctuality–Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability–Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Problem Solving–Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Cost Consciousness–Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Safety and Security–Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Initiative–Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Frequently required to stand, sit, walk and lift items up to 50 pounds.
- Must have a driver’s license and the ability to be able to run errands on occasion.
The Commonwealth Foundation (CF) is among the most effective and influential state-based think tanks in the country. With a top-notch team of policy analysts and
communication experts, the Commonwealth Foundation transforms free market ideas.
into public policies so all Pennsylvanians can flourish. Our research and advocacy have
led to lower taxes on working Pennsylvanians, greater transparency in state government spending and contracts, criminal justice reform that reduced both prison population and crime and increased educational options for thousands of students.
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package including possibility for annual bonus.
- Stipend for needed mobile technology and home office supplies.
- 4% company contributions towards retirement plan.