The Commonwealth Foundation (CF) is among the most effective and influential state-based think tanks in the country. With a top-notch team of policy analysts and communication experts, the Commonwealth Foundation transforms free-market ideas into public policies so all Pennsylvanians can flourish.
Commonwealth Foundation seeks a dynamic and experienced Manager of Events to lead the planning and execution of events for donors, media, lawmakers, and other influential audiences across Pennsylvania. This new role will coordinate among multiple teams and executives to build a new capability and ensure attendees have an exceptional experience. The ideal candidate will have event experience in for-profit or non-profit settings and proven skills managing highly-detailed events for top stakeholders.
- Lead the planning and execution of development events, including the 35th anniversary gala, donor dinners, and other special events;
- Develop and implement a comprehensive events strategy that supports the Foundation’s mission and goals across departments and audiences;
- Collaborate with government affairs and communications teams to create events for their audiences;
- Manage budgets, vendor relationships, and logistics to ensure seamless execution;
- Manage internal stakeholders including executives to ensure smooth and effective communication around event planning;
- Ensure event attendees have an exceptional experience from RSVP to attendance to follow up;
- Continuously evaluate and improve the events program to ensure its relevance and impact; and
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for the mission and goals of the Commonwealth Foundation
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in event planning and management, including experience leading fundraising events;
- Strong project management skills and the ability to oversee multiple events simultaneously;
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to think creatively;
- Experience with budget management and event logistics;
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:
- Physical requirements for the position are in alignment with stated job functions
- Evening and weekend hours may be required based on event schedule.
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes 80% employer contribution and medical, vision, dental
- 4% company contributions towards retirement plan
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Reimbursements for needed mobile technology and home office supplies
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials HERE.
- Cover letter detailing your interest joining the Commonwealth Foundation and your salary requirements.