Do you have a passion for driving regulatory policy change to fuel tomorrow’s economy? Are you skilled at research and policy analysis in a fast-moving environment, with an ability to effectively communicate complex ideas in compelling ways? Do you have the technical experience to comprehend and translate the complex regulatory processes of state and federal agencies? If you’re looking for an opportunity to apply your skills and talent to protect affordable energy in one of the largest energy-producing states in the country, this might be the role for you.
The Commonwealth Foundation is seeking a Deputy Director focused on energy and regulatory policy. This role will be responsible for conducting and leading research and analysis, including a vision for Pennsylvania’s energy future and developing effective products to advance those ideals and persuade key audiences to achieve policy victories.
The Deputy Director has the potential to be a remote position, with a strong preference for candidates based in/near Pennsylvania or the Washington, DC area.
- Position Commonwealth Foundation as the leading source of energy policy expertise in Pennsylvania and a nationally recognized though leader on energy and regulatory matters.
- Maintain intellectual expertise by staying current on state, and federal regulatory proposals, policy developments, media coverage, and legislation.
- Conduct and oversee research on energy policies, including the creation of a vision for Pennsylvania’s energy future, by working with internal staff and outside fellows.
- Produce rapid research and analysis to identify and seize opportunities, working with our policy, communications, and government affairs teams.
- Track trends related to energy production, infrastructure, grid reliability, energy affordability, regulatory restrictions, and permits.
- Cultivate allied relationships to identify opportunities for the Commonwealth Foundation to fund research or partner with allies to provide timely analysis, and to communicate updates to a robust network of energy industry leaders and allies ready to share stories and information to fuel legislative change.
- Regularly update executives and staff on the status of key projects in conjunction with allied groups, including energy industry leaders.
- Represent the organization in public speaking, meetings with key legislators, and in media appearances.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an energy-related agency, engineering, energy policy research, or related field.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including experience with Microsoft Office suite of products and statistical / data analysis software.
- Proven track record of success conducting and overseeing policy analysis, reports and other related products.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex policy issues in a clear and compelling manner.
- Comfort navigating ambiguity, with the ability to work effectively – both independently and collaboratively – in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Some knowledge of the Pennsylvania policy preferred.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- A strong commitment to individual freedom, personal responsibility, and economic prosperity.
The Commonwealth Foundation is among the most effective and influential state-based think tanks in the country. With a top-notch team of policy analysts and communication experts, CF transforms free-market ideas into public policies, so all Pennsylvanians can flourish. Our work is driven by our core values of:
- Treating everyone with dignity
- Stewardship of our investors’ time and treasure
- Pursuing productive solutions to problems
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance with an 80 percent employer contribution.
- 4% company contributions towards retirement plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Stipend for needed mobile technology and home office Wi-Fi.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should complete the online application.