There are several good articles and studies worth reading on natural gas drilling, Marcellus Shale and fracking:
- Katrina’s commentary on the local impact of natural gas drilling appears in today’s Allentown Morning Call.
- A new study from the Manhattan Institute outlines the potential economic impact of lifting the drilling ban in New York State. The study also examines the environmental impact of Marcellus Shale drilling in Pennsylvania, by examining DEP citations.
- A summary of that piece by Diana Furchtgott-Roth, focusing on the potential budget woes for New York, is available on Real Clear Markets.
- Kathleen Hartnett White of the Texas Public Policy Foundation has a summary of her article on the Fracas about Fracking. The full article appears in National Review (subscription).
- Freedomworks blog summarizes the boom in shale gas production, documented in a recent EIA report.
- Michael Barone highlights the unexpected boom in gas and oil production from shale drilling in his NRO column.
Of course, if all that information, data and evidence doesn’t appeal to you, you can always watch a video of some Hollywood actors taking a bath with their rubber ducky.