On multiple occasions, we have suggested, or passed along the advice of others saying the same, that Republicans, conservatives, libertarians, and free market advocates need to get serious about health care policy, becoming active on that front and pushing free market health care reforms.
Well, thanks in large part to the push for ObamaCare, there area lot of new ways to get involved. On the information front:
- American Liberty Alliance has launched Health Care Horse Race, a greate new site with lots of policy alternatives and news on the health care debate.
- The Cato Institute has a new site dedicated entirely to health care policy, featuring their research and publications as well as new.
- The Heritage Foundation has a new site, Fix Health Care Policy highlight policy solutions and offering updates on what is happening in Washington DC and the states.
There are also some coalitions forming:
- Patients United Now is a very slick website put together by Americans for Prosperity to join the coalition for health care freedom, as well as to get information.
- Consumers for Patients Rights is another coalition, with a website full of information.
- Tea Party Patriots is working to organize local town hall events on health care policy.
- And Ron Paul’s Campaign for Liberty is starting to push activists to get engage on health care. (Here is a video of Ron Paul, a doctor, giving a good overview of the problems in health care policy).