Their theory is that after you have been rejected, the best plan is just to ask again and again – which every stalker in American will tell you is charming – and that the new administration is more likely to ignore the law (which requires that all the funding under the tolling program be used to rehabilitate the federal highway). PA Water Cooler has more on the latest development.
Here is some of our prior writings on I-80 tolling:
- Plan to Toll I-80 Should Be Rejected
- Is tolling I-80 dead?
- Feds Reject Tolls on I-80
- New analysis of where I-80 tolls will go
- Turnpike Commission to owe $30 to $70 billion after Act 44
- No I-80 Tolls = Less money for SEPTA
- I-80 plan relies on traffic growth, while drivers are driving less
- Act 44 and Transportation Policy Points
- I-80 Tolling Study (From PennDoT)