The Small Business and Entrepreneurship Council has a new ranking of the best state tax systems for small business. Pennsylvania ranks 29th (1 being the best). Click here for the full report.
Here are some other recent rankings of Pennsylvania economic climate and tax policy:
- American Legislative Exchange Council: State Economic Competitiveness Index – 46th on Economic Performance; 42nd for Economic Outlook (1 is best)
- Pacific Research Institute: Index of Economic Freedom – 46th (1 is best)
- The Beacon Hill Institute: State Economic Competitiveness – 39th (1 is best).
- Tax Foundation: State and Local Tax Burden – 11th (50 is best)
- United Van Lines: State Migration Study – 4th highest outbound (50 is best)
- Forbes: “The Best States for Business” – 41st (1 is best)
- Small Business and Entrepreneurship Council: Business Tax Index 2008 – 28 (1 is best)
- Pacific Research Institute: State Tort Liability Rankings – 45th (1 is best).
- Cato Institute: Fiscal Report Card of the Governors (Rendell ranking) – D
- Fraser Institute: Labor Markets in the US and Canada – 49th (out of 60, 1 is best)
- Alliance for Worker Freedom: Index of Worker Freedom – F (Tied for worst)
- Tax Foundation: State Business Tax Climate Index – 28th (1 is best).
- CEO Magazine: Best States to do Business – 37th (1 is best)