HARRISBURG, PA — The Commonwealth Foundation today announced the launch of PennsylvaniaVotes.org, the state’s first and only web site that provides—at no cost—a nonpartisan, layman’s description of every bill introduced in the General Assembly.
“PennsylvaniaVotes.org is an indispensable tool for those who want to know what’s happening in state government,” said Matthew J. Brouillette, CEO and president of the Commonwealth Foundation.
The site empowers users with several other important capabilities, including:
- Building a customized watch list of bills and issues.
- Receiving automatic updates when legislation of interest is introduced or voted on.
- Viewing a breakdown of roll call votes by party or individuals legislators.
- Creating a customized scorecard for legislators.
- Interfacing with each other to share thoughts on issues and legislation.
PennsylvaniaVotes.org will also allow citizens to find and organize the complete voting records of legislators and use search tools to find currently pending and passed legislation.
“Based on the successes of MichiganVotes.org, this one project is expected to have a profound impact on the accountability of the legislature,” added Brouillette.
# # #
The Commonwealth Foundation (www.CommonwealthFoundation.org) is an independent, non-profit public policy research and educational institute based in Harrisburg, PA.