Matthew J. Brouillette, president of the Commonwealth Foundation will moderate a forum on public-private partnerships and the potential role they can play in helping Pennsylvania meet its transportation infrastructure needs Monday, beginning at 10 am.
The event’s panel includes:
- State Representative Rick Geist (R-Altoona), Republican Chairman of the House Transportation Committee and author of House Bill 555, enabling legislation for PPP projects in PA.
- Bob Prieto, senior vice president of Fluor Corporation, who brings a project development perspective.
- Karen J. Hedlund, partner with Nossaman, Guthner, Knox & Elliott, LLP. Hedlund specializes in structuring PPPs and advises several state transportation agencies nationwide on the legal framework for PPPs.
- Brian Chase, vice president of Global Infrastructure for The Carlyle Group, who brings a finance perspective.
- Andrew Garbutt, Head of Global Infrastructure and Projects Group – USA for KPMG Corporate Finance LLC. Garbutt has been involved with PPP projects in Texas and also brings a global perspective.
WHEN: Monday, April 7, 2008
TIME: 10 a.m. to noon
WHERE: Capitol Media Center, East Wing of the State Capitol Complex.
LIVE WEBCAST: Log on to RickGeist.com, beginning at 9:55 a.m. on Monday morning.