Kudos to the Senate GOP for taking both these steps.
Here is the jaw-dropping list of largest bonuses paid (from Senate GOP caucus funds) in 2006:
- Michael Long, former GOP staff administrator, $22,500
- Steve MacNett, Republican chief counsel, $22,500
- Mark Corrigan, secretary and parliamentarian, $20,676
- Russ Faber, chief clerk, $20,676
- Donna Malpezzi, chief counsel to Sen. Dominic Pileggi, $20,000
- Dave Atkinson, aide to Sen. Gib Armstrong, $20,000
- Drew Crompton, aide to Sen. Joe Scarnati, $19,467
- Erik Arneson, Pileggi’s communications and policy director, $15,000
FYI, I also “worked well beyond normal on policy issues”, but am still waiting for my $22,500 bonus (and I do not accept Monopoly money as legal tender).