Pennsylvania State Budget Toolkit
FEBRUARY 5, 2014 | Policy Points by COMMONWEALTH FOUNDATION
Governor Corbett's proposed budget of $29.4 billion in general fund spending and $71.8 billion in spending from all funds represents our highest spending levels ever—exceeding years when federal stimulus dollars inflated total spending.
Commonwealth Foundation Resources and Analysis
- Blueprint for a Prosperous Pennsylvania
- State Budget Déjà Vu
- Governor's Budget Right on Priorities
- Budget Burdens Bring Consequences
- Unsinkable: The True Story of Pennsylvania's Sinking Pension System
PA Budget Info and Data:
- Pennsylvania Office of the Budget
- Pennsylvania Open Government Portal
- Pennsylvania Department of Revenue - Monthly Revenue Reports
- Independent Fiscal Office
- PA Department of Education - State Funding for School Districts
Pennsylvania State Budget Legislative Resources:
Who are We?
The Commonwealth Foundation is Pennsylvania's free-market think tank. The Commonwealth Foundation crafts free-market policies, convinces Pennsylvanians of their benefits, and counters attacks on liberty.
Pennsylvania education spending is at at all-time high and ranks near the top in dollars spent per student among the states. But all of that extra spending isn't helping kids succeed. In fact, SAT scores have declined while spending has soared. According to a new Cato Institute analysis, Pennsylvania ...