Pennsylvania State Budget Toolkit
FEBRUARY 6, 2015 | Policy Points by COMMONWEALTH FOUNDATION
The enacted $29 billion General Fund budget (a 1.88 percent increase over 2013-2014) and $71.4 billion total operating budget represent Pennsylvania’s highest spending levels ever—exceeding years when federal stimulus dollars were used to balance the budget.
Commonwealth Foundation Resources and Analysis
- PolicyPoints: Pennsylvania State Budget Trends, 2015
- Five Steps Toward a Balanced Budget
- Summary of Governor Wolf's 2015-2016 Budget Proposal
- The Impact of Gov. Wolf's Tax Proposals on Job Creation
- Gov. Wolf's Proposed Property Tax Shift
- Budget Charts
- PolicyBlog: Who Pays for a Severance Tax?
- PolicyBlog: IFO: Everyone Pays More Under Wolf Tax Shift
- Natural Gas Severance Tax
- Guide to the Taxpayer Protection Act
- Principles for Liquor Privatization
- PolicyPoints: Student Funding Reform
- Out of Control: How Welfare Spending is Driving the Budget Crisis
- Pension Reform Toolkit
PA Budget Info and Data:
- Pennsylvania Office of the Budget
- Pennsylvania Open Government Portal
- Pennsylvania Department of Revenue - Monthly Revenue Reports
- Independent Fiscal Office
- PA Department of Education - State Funding for School Districts
Pennsylvania State Budget Legislative Resources:
Who are We?
The Commonwealth Foundation is Pennsylvania's free-market think tank. The Commonwealth Foundation transforms free-market ideas into public policies so all Pennsylvanians can flourish.